When it comes to accommodation on my travels, I like to choose the best option that is available. That means housing of a decent standard in terms of comfort, accessibility and price. I’m also naturally frugal in everything I do (keeping in mind that frugal doesn’t equal cheap).
Thinking about using Airbnb for the first time? Register through this link and get $25 off!
Speaking of accommodation, the best option I’ve found so far is Airbnb, at least for countries where they operate. Here are my 7 reasons why I like to choose them instead of hotels, hostels or Couchsurfing:
1. It’s perfect for people who don’t want to socialise that much (like when using Couchsurfing) but don’t want to stay in complete isolation (like going through a booked hotel).
2. You have an idea of local life in your destination, but in your own pace. You don’t have to feel bad if you’re not in the mood for hanging out with your hosts and do whatever activities he planned for you.
4. You don’t have to worry about insincere or false reviews.
5. Usability of the website is really great, and everything is designed keeping user in mind, from system that is easy to understand to neat brand identity to post-buy rating process. Looking for a place on Airbnb is overally much more pleasurable experience than having to deal with Couchsurfing or Booking.com.
6. These totally awesome neighbourhood guides, written by locals and accompanied by superb photos (made also by locals).
7. Lastly, price for a room/apartment is usually lower than in hotels but providing much higher value (although you gotta know how to look for the best places).
So, what do you guys think about the points above? Do you agree or disagree? Let me know about your experiences in comments!
And if I made you at least think about giving Airbnb a go, check out my Pinterest board with some cool apartments!
Follow Travel’s board Airbnb Picks on Pinterest.